Friday, March 25, 2011

Memories lost in time

Another night... lost in the rhythm of raindrops...
I drift away to a time that was, to happiness that was frighteningly all mine

At the doorway, smiling he stood, trembling I reach out to touch him
My heart skips a beat yet again as I realize he is gone...
Why did he walk into my life, only to leave me miserable and lonely in the end

Restless I roll over in my bed hoping to find him beside me...
Cradling me as I wept into his arms...

How i wish just this once, to go back in time
To change that fateful day when it all slipped away

I lay there counting minutes and then hours for someone long gone
Into my pillow I weep, For memories lost in time
For years spend in thoughts that were not mine

Take me away for I can take no more, Broken promises haunt me for ever
Pain is all I have to call my own... And I wish... I had never fallen in love..
  

No comments:

Post a Comment