Monday, July 9, 2012

Window of Hope

In this labyrinth am lost forever
The Monsoon winds, a promise made
For a drop of water I stayed,
But now I see the fire burning high...

Hiding under olive branches is...
A beast chained down with ropes of steel
Eyes of fire staring down at me
Tying me down with every breath
Daring me to fly again…

For every hope seems a luxury
Too good to be true...

Free from the expectations of all around me
Free from the society eating into me
Free from the world growing around me
To a place I can feel safe again...
To sing and dance to my heart’s content
I forever long…

Not knowing if this place can ever be found
Not knowing if this place did even exist
I wait in silence, hoping to see the light
For hope is all I have…

No comments:

Post a Comment