Sunday, October 11, 2020

A life of their own


Will you ever understand 
that your words have a life of their own
They sting, they bite and they mold
You into something you are not 
yesterday, nor day before, not tomorrow
Why I wonder that is
You don’t see it as it is
your words have a life of their own

As they leave your lips
And ring in my ears
Pounding in my head
An ache, it grows in my heart
Is it rage, is it helplessness
Is it anything I can name
I know not anymore

I run in circles 
In my head I scream
Out loud so you hear, 
so you did understand
But know not I
What you make
Of my aching heart 
And the pounding in my head

I hope one day
You will see
The scars they leave
Deep in me
Buried they stay
Until I can take no more
And drift away
To a land unknown

Were words are not spoken
Were words are not heard
Just the sweet song of the birds
Drowning out everything 
But the kind voices
The words that caress
The words that love
The words that care 
too deeply to hurt

And I catch myself 
In a dream that 
can never be mine..
Am sorry darling
The world is 
Not but a dream
And that the words 
Have a live of their own










No comments:

Post a Comment